Saturday

The Mission

Last night, I had the opportunity to speak at the Sunday Breakfast Mission (SBM). The band played some great songs and did a great job. Then I had about 20 minutes to share some hope from God's Word and hopefully be able to encourage folks to give their lives to Christ. Not only were the men there more receptive than I expected, they were a blessing and encouragement to me! And out of about 75-90 or so guys, only about 2 of them fell asleep! I think they were asleep before I got up there though... :-) We met one guy at the end that was really a blessing. He gave me a couple of things that he wrote and I told them I would share them... He has a real gift in writing.


Power of the Word!
by Dwayne Butler

God says, 'study to show ourselves approved unto Him one of workmen who need not be ashamed by rightly dividing the word of truth. If they don't study, we must feed the Spirit 'God's Word' in order to grow. Power comes from knowing God's Word. It's like a father and his son. If the father says, "son, this weekend I'll buy you a bike." The son believes his father's word, and say, "dad, you said you would buy me a bike at this appointed time." So how much more can we depend upon God's Word and the Promises he blesses us with. We must know His Word in order to bring it to its full effect in our lives. Remember Jesus' example in the wilderness when He defeated Satan with the Word of God, making it known that the Word of God conquers all things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home