Wednesday

Don’t allow society’s agenda to take away your joy

Too many of us are swayed by the ploys of our environment. I'm not talking about 'global warming,' but the society in which we live. It seems we fall for way too many of the ads and infomercials andeven the programs we watch, etc. "If you put a lime in your Coke (you nut), then you feel better." That'll solve all my problems. If that doesn't do it, I'll watch a rerun of Matlock. He's got all the answers. "It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. You will live in joy and peace. Themountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands!" Isaiah 55:11-12

Too many good Christians are overworked, over-churched, over-committed, and trying to serve with an empty cup. Stop running yourself, ragged and sit at the feet of Jesus and drink from the fountain of living water. If you will meet with the Lord in prayer,Bible study, worship, God will fill your cup, and it will overflow with an indescribable joy. Psalm 23:5 says, "My cup overflows." Too many of us have lost joy because we are doing what God has not called us to do. We are serving out of guilt and duty, and we are not allowing our ministry to overflow from that joyful relationship with God. Why? We are not in the spending time with Jesus. We don't have joy and peace because we are not led of the Spirit, but we are led by the flesh and worldly cares, and we are stressed out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home