Monday

How do I react when things go bad?

I've heard this said: "I know God won't give me anything more than I can handle, I wish He just didn't trust me so much!"

Philippians 4:13 (NKJV) "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
We've all heard this verse...but we interpret it incorrectly, or don't understand what it really means.
We read this verse, and we think, "Yeah, right." There's no way I can, say, move a boulder, or kick a bad habit,...or whatever task we deem impossible. But here's a better translation of what it really means:
Philippians 4:13 (GN) "I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me."

There's times in our lives when things go wrong. There will be times when so MUCH goes wrong that we think we're going to collapse under the weight. During times like these, the key is this: Don't blame God. Don't hate God. Trust God. It is during those times when we think we won't make it when we have to realize that NO, we WON'T make it, we CAN'T make it, apart from God's grace. And when we realize that, the peace will come, because we'll realize that NOT ONLY can we make it, we don't have to do it alone!!

Read the Bible, pray, and always trust God...and God's love, care, and promises will sustain you. Here's 2:

James 5:11(Msg) "What a gift life is to those who stay the course! You've heard, of course, of Job's staying power, and you know how God brought it all together for him at the end. That's because God cares, cares right down to the last detail."

Romans 8:28 (Msg) "That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good."

--KB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home