Thursday

How do I have Extreme Faith, when I barely have any faith at all?

Sorry I haven't gotten one of these out in a few days. I haven't been at the computer much. If you have a question or idea or verse for a devotion about "Faith", send it along and I may use something in it for a devotion in the future!
How do I have Extreme Faith, when I barely have any faith at all?"Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all he has done." Col 2:7
How do we have anything at all? How would you become the greatest runner in the world? The greatest basketball player? The greatest race car driver? The greatest singer/musician? Do you just snap your fingers, or think about it real hard and it happens? No. Do you practice once and become great? You know it takes hard work and a real effort, persistance, dedication, etc. Right? Well, if we want to be a great man or woman of faith, we can apply some similar thinking. Start small. Look at Col. 2:7, telling us to let our roots grow down and get nourishment. But I want the flower/fruit NOW! You can't grow anything without a good root system. Do you want to please God? Sure. We must have faith! How does our faith grow? Nourishment= God's Word, the Bible. Know the Truth, and be thankful for all He has done! ALL? Yes, all. Be thankful for all of His blessings, tests, trials, etc. He knows best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home