Monday

Faith and Obedience

One day a Roman army officer came to Jesus and said, “I have a servant who’s very ill. In fact, he’s paralyzed and he’s suffering in bed.’ Jesus said, ‘I'll go to your house and heal him.’ And the Roman centurion said, ‘O Lord, You don’t need to do that. I understand authority and I’m not worthy for You to come to my house. I’m a captain in the army. I give commands to my soldiers and they obey immediately. I make commands to my servants and they obey me immediately. They do whatever I tell them to do. So I understand authority and obedience. You don’t need to come to my house, Jesus. If You just say the word from right here I’m sure he’ll be healed instantly.’ Jesus looked at that man and said, ‘This is the greatest faith I’ve ever seen in Israel.’” (Matt 8)
The greatest faith. Why? Because faith and obedience are interlocked. When you trust someone, you do what they say. If you don’t do what someone tells you to do it is an indication that you don’t trust them. God has linked faith and obedience together so that all of the promises of God are conditioned upon you following the directions that He gives you. Notice Deuteronomy 5:33 “Follow all the directions the Lord has given you. Then life will go well for you.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home