Tuesday

Time for a movie review


Tonight we went to see "World Trade Center." I thought I was okay in going to see it. After all, it's been almost 5 years since it happened. That's enough time to forget, but not enough time to not remember. I really think everyone should go see it. We've got to remember who started this whole thing. We've got to remember the lives that were lost. We've got to remember the heroes that risked more than they knew that day and went into those buildings and helped people. The movie didn't use the old familiar songs that were written to commemorate that day, but they were playing over in my mind at times. It's amazing how I remember exactly where I was when all of that happened. I have a hard time remembering what I was doing last week, but I remember that day pretty clearly. I was actually at Black Rock Retreat Center in PA. Kathy and I went up there to get away from the tv and the phone and all. So when we went to get lunch around 12:30, we wondered why everyone was acting a little strange. Then someone said- "oh, you don't know, do you?" Then they took us to the big screen in the lodge. What a day.

Well, I thought the movie was very good. It is the story of 2 of the 20 that were found alive after the towers collapsed. It also shows how their 'rescuer,' a marine staff sgt. that follows the call of God as he feels compelled to go and search for survivors. Interestingly, the movie reminds us again of the spiritual awakening of people around this time. John prays the model prayer, sometimes referred to as the Lord's prayer during some of the worst of it. Will's mother is shown praying in the kitchen. Will has 2 visions of Jesus bringing him a bottle of water and telling them to come home. The bravery of the police and fire dept's and the military personell who helped during that time was shown in a way that will once again make you want to do something once again. I hope I have the guts to do what I want to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home