Saturday

Happy Birthday

I'm not much for holidays and special days. I feel bad when someone remembers my birthday, because I probably haven't remembered theirs. I wish I were better at things like that. The next thing I'm trying is stapling a post-it to my forehead. But I do appreciate everyone that relayed the sentiment. And while I'm at it... why DO we celebrate birthdays? I think birthday's should be Mother's Days. We really didn't DO anything to deserve the celebration (except surviving another year in this crazy world, so I suppose that's worth celebrating). Hmm, maybe we should make a BIGGER deal of them after all!

Anyway, the day was fairly uneventful. I did the usual studying, reading, writing, etc. that I do on various days. Kathy had to work, so I drove her there and came back home, then went to the DQ with my kids, mom, and niece. Interestingly enough, God has a way of doing things when we least expect it and most of the time in spite of us, instead of because of us. As we were driving off, I got a call from one of the youth leaders, Jenn. Evidently, a 16 year old girl who had been to our church saw us there. I didn't see her, but she saw us. She hasn't been in a while, but when she saw us she called Jenn and said she felt so bad that she hadn't been to church or to youth group and she wanted to come back. It's humbling to think that God did that and none of it depended on me. I can't imagine if I would have had to look for her, remember her face and name and make sure I did everything just right for her to think about coming back to church. I'm glad God just used my ugly mug!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home